The VMware Cloud Foundation Architecture and Deployment Guide provides a high-level overview of the VMware Cloud Foundation product and its architecture. This document also describes the deployment process for Cloud Foundation.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Architecture and Deployment Guide is intended for data center cloud administrators who deploy a Cloud Foundation system in their organization's data center. The information in this guide is written for experienced data center cloud administrators who are familiar with:
- Concepts of virtualization and software-defined data centers
- Networking and concepts such as uplinks, NICs, and IP networks
- Hardware components such as top-of-rack (ToR) switches, inter-rack switches, servers with direct attached storage, cables, and power supplies
- Methods for setting up physical racks in your data center
- Using the VMware vSphere® Web Client™ to work with virtual machines
The VMware Cloud Foundation Planning and Preparation Guide provides detailed information about the software, tools, and external services that are required for Cloud Foundation.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Operations and Administration Guide contains detailed information about how to administer and operate a Cloud Foundation system in your data center.
Your Cloud Foundation system includes various VMware software products and components. You can find the documentation for those VMware software products at docs.vmware.com.
Cloud Foundation Glossary
The Cloud Foundation Glossary defines terms specific to Cloud Foundation.