Read this section only if you have NSX-T based VI workload domains in your environment. If you have both NSX for vSphere and NSX-T workload domains in your environment, you can upgrade them in any order.
- Upgrade coordinator
- Host clusters
- NSX-T Edge clusters
- NSX-T Managers
- All applicable updates must have been applied to all NSX-T workload domains for the NSX-T upgrade bundle to be available for download. Otherwise, the status of the NSX-T bundle is displayed as Pending instead of Available for all workload domains.
- You must have downloaded the NSX-T upgrade bundle. See Download Bundles.
- Navigate to the Updates/Patches tab of an NSX-T domain.
Note that although you are upgrading NSX-T from the workload domain you have navigated to, all operations are performed on all NSX-T domains in your environment.
- Run the upgrade precheck. See Perform Upgrade Precheck.
The NSX-T precheck is run on all NSX-T workload domains in your environment.
- In the Available Updates section, click Update Now or Schedule Update for NSX-T bundle and click the date and time for the bundle to be applied.
The NSX-T Upgrade Confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Confirm.
The NSX-T upgrade begins and the upgrade components are displayed. The upgrade view displayed here pertains to the workload domain where you applied the bundle. Click the link to the associated workload domains to see the components pertaining to those workload domains.
If a component upgrade fails, the failure is displayed across all associated workload domains. Resolve the issue and retry the failed task.
When all NSX-T components are upgraded successfully, a message with a green background and check mark is displayed.