You can manage certificates for all external-facing Cloud Foundation component resources, including configuring a certificate authority, generating and downloading CSRs, and installing them. This section provides instructions for using both Microsoft and non-Microsoft certificate authorities.
You can manage the certificates for the following components.
- Platform Services Controllers
- vCenter Server
- NSX Manager
- SDDC Manager
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Log Insight
- vRealize Operations
- Certificate has expired or is close to expiring.
- Certificate has been revoked.
- You do not want to use the default VMCA certificate.
- Optionally, when you create a new workload domain.
However, it is recommended that you replace all certificates right after deploying Cloud Foundation. After you create new workload domains, you can replace certificates for the appropriate components as needed.