To ensure that Cloud Foundation can successfully pass authentication when replacing certificates, you must create the certificate service template with the proper basic authentication configuration through the IIS manager.
- Create a Microsoft Active Directory CA with the following features and settings.
- Navigate to Select server roles.
- Under Active Director Certificate Services, select Certification Authority and Certification Authority Web Enrollment.
- Under Basic Authentication. , select
- Configure and issue a VMware Certificate Template for Machine SSL and Solution User certificates on this CA server.
For step by step procedures, see Knowledge Base article 2112009 Search Creating a Microsoft Certificate Authority Template for SSL certificate creation in vSphere 6.x .
- Configure the certificate service template and all sites (including default web site) for basic authentication.
- Access the IIS manager and navigate to .
- Select the Authentication property in the IIS header.
- Select and enable Basic Authentication.
- Restart the site.
What to do next
Use this template when configuring the certificate authority in Configure a Microsoft Certificate Authority.