The VMware Cloud Foundation Operations and Administration Guide is intended for cloud architects, infrastructure administrators, and cloud administrators who are familiar with and want to use VMware software to quickly deploy and manage an SDDC. The information in this document is written for experienced data center system administrators who are familiar with:
- Concepts of virtualization, software-defined data centers, virtual infrastructure (VI), and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- VMware virtualization technologies, such as VMware ESXi™, the hypervisor
- Software-defined networking using VMware NSX®
- Software-defined storage using VMware vSAN™
- IP networks
Additionally, you should be familiar with these VMware software products, software components, and their features:
- VMware vSphere®
- VMware vCenter Server® and VMware vCenter Server® Appliance™
- VMware Platform Services Controller™
- VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- VMware Horizon®
- VMware App Volumes™
The VMware Cloud Foundation Planning and Preparation Guide provides detailed information about the software, tools, and external services that are required for Cloud Foundation.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Architecture and Deployment Guide contains detailed information about a Cloud Foundation system, its components, and the network topology of a deployed system.