The deployment parameter workbook provides a mechanism to specify infrastructure information specific to your environment. This includes information about your networks, hosts, license keys, and other information. The workbook is downloaded from the VMware Cloud Builder appliance and the completed workbook is uploaded back to the VM. The deployment parameter workbook can be reused to deploy multiple Cloud Foundation instances of the same version.
- In a web browser on the Windows machine that is connected to the VMware Cloud Builder appliance, navigate to https://Cloud_Builder_VM_IP.
- Enter the admin credentials you provided when you deployed the VMware Cloud Builder appliance and then click Log In.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and accept it. Click Next.
- Select VMware Cloud Foundation on the Supported Platform page and click Next.
- Review the prerequisites checklist and ensure the requirements are met before proceeding. If there are any gaps, ensure they are fixed before proceeding to avoid issues during the the bring-up process.
Select the check box at the bottom of the page to acknowledge that your environment meets the listed requirements. You can download or print the prerequisite list as well.
- Click Next.
- In the Download Deployment Parameter Workbook section, click Download.
- Complete the workbook. See About the Deployment Parameter Workbook.