The Introducing VMware Cloud Foundation document provides a high-level overview of the Cloud Foundation product.
The Introducing VMware Cloud Foundation document is intended for data center cloud administrators. The information in this guide is written for experienced data center cloud administrators who are familiar with:
- Concepts of virtualization and software-defined data centers
- Networking and concepts such as uplinks, NICs, and IP networks
- Hardware components such as top-of-rack (ToR) switches, inter-rack switches, servers with direct attached storage, cables, and power supplies
- Methods for setting up physical racks in your data center
- Using the VMware vSphere® Web Client™ to work with virtual machines
The VMware Cloud Foundation Deployment Guide is intended for data center cloud administrators who deploy a Cloud Foundation system in their organization's data center.
The Planning and Preparation Workbook provides detailed information about the software, tools, and external services that are required for Cloud Foundation.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Operations and Administration Guide contains detailed information about how to administer and operate a Cloud Foundation system in your data center.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Lifecycle Management document describes how to manage the lifecycle of a Cloud Foundation environment.
Your Cloud Foundation system includes various VMware software products and components. You can find the documentation for those VMware software products at docs.vmware.com.
Cloud Foundation Glossary
The Cloud Foundation Glossary defines terms specific to Cloud Foundation.