Before you can deploy vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations, or vRealize Automation, you must deploy vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
By default, VMware Cloud Foundation uses NSX-T Data Center to create application virtual networks (AVNs) and deploys vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to these AVNs. If you disabled AVNs during bring-up, you can deploy vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to a VLAN-backed network as described in KB 78608.
Cloud Foundation does not automate the deployment and lifecycle management of the other vRealize Suite components. You can use vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to deploy and manage those components.
- Download the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager installation package from the VMware Depot to the local bundle repository. See Download an Install Bundle.
- Allocate an IP address for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance and prepare forward/reverse DNS records.
- On the SDDC Manager Dashboard, navigate to .
- Click vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager and click Deploy.
The vRealize Lifecycle Manager Installation Prerequisites page displays the prerequisites that you must complete before beginning the installation.
- Review the readiness of each prerequisite and verify by selecting each adjacent check box.
When all the boxes are selected, the Begin button is activated.
- Click Begin.
- On the Network Settings page, review the settings and click Next to continue.
- On the Virtual Appliance Settings page, enter the settings and Next to continue.
Setting Description FQDN Enter the FQDN for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance. System Administrator Create and confirm a password for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager system administrator (for example, admin@localuser). This is the credential that allows SDDC Manager to connect to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager system. SSH Root Account Create and confirm a password for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance root account.
- On the Review Summary page, review the installation configuration settings.
- Click Finish.
SDDC Manager validates the inputs and reports any errors or warnings.Note: If necessary, you can use the Back button to return to preceding pages and modify settings.
- Address any validation issues and then click Finish.
The vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager page displays with the following message: Deployment in progress. If the deployment fails, this page displays a deployment status of Failed. In this case, you can Restart Task or Uninstall.
- (Optional) Click View Status in Tasks to view the details of the deployment in progress or a deployment failure.
The Tasks panel opens at the bottom page. You can open individual tasks to view details.
- (Optional) After the successful deployment of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, click the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager link below the page title.
The vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager user interface opens in a new browser tab.
What to do next
You can now deploy vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations, and vRealize Automation. See Deployment for Cloud Operations and Automation in the First Region.