You can use the vSphere Client to rename a cluster managed by VMware Cloud Foundation. The SDDC Manager UI is updated with the new name.
Ensure that you do not rename a cluster in the following conditions:
- When the cluster belongs to a workflow that is in progress.
- When the cluster belongs to a failed VI workflow, cluster workflow or host workflow. If you try to rename a cluster that belongs to a failed workflow, restart of the failed workflow will not be supported.
- On the SDDC Manager Dashboard, click .
- Click a workload domain.
- Under the Clusters tab, click a cluster you want to rename.
- On the right of the cluster name, click Actions and then click Open in vSphere Client.
- In the vSphere Client, click Actions and then click Rename.
- Enter a new name for the cluster.
- Click OK.
Note: It takes up to two minutes for the new name to appear on the SDDC Manager UI.