A local account is used to access VMware Cloud Foundation APIs when the management vCenter Server is down. If you upgraded from a previous release or didn't configure the account when deploying using the API, you can set a password using VMware Cloud Foundation APIs.
- Log in to the SDDC Manager Dashboard as a user with the ADMIN role.
For more information about roles, see User and Group Management.
- Click .
- To verify if the local account is configured, perform the following tasks:
- Expand APIs for managing Users.
- Expand GET /v1/users/local/admin and click EXECUTE.
- In the Response, click LocalUser (admin@local).
You can also download the response by clicking the download icon to the right of LocalUser (admin@local).
- If the local account is not configured, perform the following tasks to configure the local account:
- Expand PATCH /v1/users/local/admin.
- Enter a password for the local account and click EXECUTE.
Password requirements are described below:
- Minimum length: 12
- Maximum length: 127
- At least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, a number, and one of the following special characters ! % @ $ ^ # ? *
- A character cannot be repeated more than three times consecutively
- Must not include three of the same consecutive characters
Note: You must remember the password that you created because it cannot be retrieved. Local account passwords are used in password rotation.