The VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) 4.2 on Dell EMC VxRail release includes the following:
- vSAN HCI Mesh Support: VMware Cloud Foundation supports HCI Mesh on VSAN clusters. This capability allows you to utilize storage from remote vSAN clusters in a local vSAN cluster.
- NSX-T Federation Support: You can leverage NSX-T Federation capabilities to federate and manage multiple NSX-T workload domains with a single pane of glass view using Global Manager. With Global Manager, you can configure consistent security policies across multiple locations and stretched networking objects (tier-0 and tier-1 gateways). For Federation guidance, see VMware Validated Design 6.2 Release Notes.
- Static IP Pool for NSX-T TEPs: VMware Cloud Foundation 4.2 introduces additional flexibility to leverage static IP pools for NSX-T Host Overlay (TEP) networks as an alternative to DHCP. This applies to the management domain and VI workload domains with uniform L2 clusters.
- Improvements to upgrade resiliency: VMware Cloud Foundation 4.2 includes prechecks for password validation, API performance optimization, and improvements to ESXi error reporting.
- Enhanced skip upgrade experience: You can filter available upgrade bundles by the target release you want to skip to using SDDC Manager UI or public APIs.
- vRealize Automation support for VMware Cloud Foundation cloud account: You can integrate SDDC Manager and workload domains with VMware Cloud Assembly as VMware Cloud Foundation cloud accounts. A VMware Cloud Foundation cloud account can help you facilitate a comprehensive hybrid cloud management solution.
- SSO Support for VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail: VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail 4.2 leverages a new generation SSO using the AuthRest V2 method to connect to the Dell repository for downloading VxRail bundles for lifecycle management.
- Enhanced security for adding hosts and clusters: You must verify the SSH thumbprints of ESXi hosts and VxRail Managers before adding them to the VMware Cloud Foundation inventory. This applies to the bring-up, add host, and add cluster workflows.
- BOM Updates: Updated Bill of Materials with new product versions.