You configure a syslog server and configure backups for vCenter Server from the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface.
- In a Web browser, log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface.
NIST80053-VI-VC-CFG-01218Configure the appliance to send logs to a central log server.
- Select Syslog on the left navigation pane and click Configure to configure the address and port of a site-specific syslog aggregator or SIEM with the appropriate protocol and click Save.
- Note : UDP is discouraged due to it's stateless and unencrypted nature.
NIST80053-VI-VC-CFG-01220The vCenter Server configuration must be backed up on a regular basis.
- Select Backup on the left navigation pane and click Configure or Edit for an existing configuration.
- Enter site-specific information for the backup job.
- Ensure that the Schedule is set to Daily and click Create.