The VMware VMware Cloud Foundation Lifecycle Management describes how to manage the lifecycle of a VMware Cloud Foundation environment. The information includes prerequisites, step-by-step configuration instructions, and suggested best practices.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Lifecycle Management is intended for cloud architects, infrastructure administrators, and cloud administrators who are familiar with and want to use VMware software to quickly deploy and manage an SDDC. The information in this document is written for experienced data center system administrators who are familiar with:
- Concepts of virtualization, software-defined data centers, virtual infrastructure (VI), and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- VMware virtualization technologies, such as VMware ESXi™, the hypervisor
- Software-defined networking using VMware NSX®
- Software-defined storage using VMware vSAN™
- IP networks
Additionally, you should be familiar with these VMware software products, software components, and their features:
- VMware vSphere®
- VMware vCenter Server® and VMware vCenter Server® Appliance™
- VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- VMware Horizon®
- VMware App Volumes™
The Planning and Preparation Workbook provides detailed information about the software, tools, and external services that are required for VMware Cloud Foundation.
The VMware VMware Cloud Foundation Deployment Guide contains detailed information about a VMware Cloud Foundation system, its components, and the network topology of a deployed system.
The VMware VMware Cloud Foundation Operations and Administration Guide provides information about managing a VMware Cloud Foundation™ system, including managing the system's virtual infrastructure, managing users, configuring and deploying service offerings, and upgrading and monitoring the system.