This section describes the procedure for updating an expired password for the SDDC Manager root (root) user.
- Log into the vSphere Client and select the SDDC Manager VM from Mgmt-ResourcePool.
- From the panel on the right side of the window, select Summary and click on Launch Web Console.
- In the popup window, select web console and click OK. This will open the console in a new browser tab.
The console opens in a new browser window.
- Click Login.
- Type root as the user name and enter the current password for the root user.
- When prompted for current password, enter the current password.
- When prompted for a new password, enter a different password than the previous one and click OK.