The VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail Administration Guide provides information on managing the integration of VMware Cloud Foundation and Dell EMC VxRail. As this product is an integration of VMware Cloud Foundation and Dell EMC VxRail, the expected results are obtained only when the configuration is done from both the products. This guide covers all the information regarding the VMware Cloud Foundation workflow. For the instructions on configuration to be done on Dell EMC VxRail, this guide provides links to the Dell EMC VxRail documentation.
The VMware VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail Administration Guide is intended for the system administrators of the VxRail environments who want to adopt VMware Cloud Foundation. The information in this document is written for experienced data center system administrators who are familiar with:
- Concepts of virtualization, software-defined data centers, and virtual infrastructure (VI).
- VMware virtualization technologies, such as VMware ESXi™, the hypervisor
- Software-defined networking using VMware NSX-T™ Data Center
- Software-defined storage using VMware vSAN™
- IP networks
Additionally, you should be familiar with these software products, software components, and their features:
- Dell EMC VxRail Manager
- VMware vSphere®
- VMware vCenter Server® and VMware vCenter Server® Appliance™
- VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- VMware vSphere® with VMware Tanzu™
The Planning and Preparation Workbook provides detailed information about the software, tools, and external services that are required to deploy VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail.