You can create a VxRail VI workload domain using the Workflow Optimization script, in order to avoid having to complete some tasks in the VxRail Manager UI and other tasks in the SDDC Manager UI.
The Workflow Optimzation script uses the VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail API to perform all of the steps to create a VI workload domain in one place. See Create a Domain with Workflow Optimization for more information about the API.
- Download the WorkflowOptimization-master.zip file from https://code.vmware.com/samples?id=7647.
- Unzip the file and copy the WorkflowOptimization directory to the /home/vcf directory on the SDDC Manager VM.
- Using SSH, log in to the SDDC Manager VM with the user name vcf and the password you specified in the deployment parameter sheet.
- In the /home/vcf/WorkflowOptimization directory, run python vxrail_workflow_optimization_automator.py.
- Follow the prompts to create a VI workload domain.
The README.md file in the WorkflowOptimization directory provides detailed instructions on how to use the script.