Use the VxRail VI Configuration wizard to create a VI workload domain.
- In the navigation pane, click + Workload Domain and then select VI-VxRail Virtual Infrastructure Setup.
- Type a name for the VxRail VI workload domain, such as sfo01.
The name must contain between 3 and 20 characters. It is a good practice to include location information in the name as resource object names (such as host and vCenter names) are generated on the basis of the VI workload domain name.
- Type a name for the organization that requested or will use the virtual infrastructure, such as Finance and click Next.
The name must contain between 3 and 20 characters.
- On the Compute page of the wizard, enter the vCenter Server DNS name.
- Type the vCenter Server subnet mask and default gateway.
- Type and re-type the vCenter Server root password and click Next.
- Review the details and click Next.
- On the Validation page, wait until all of the inputs have been successfully validated and then click Finish.
If validation is unsuccessful, you cannot proceed. Use the Back button to modify your settings and try again.