From SDDC Manager UI, you can access all tasks. By default, the Dashboard displays the Recent Tasks widget, providing general information at a glance about the most recent tasks. A task is a unit of work or a series of subtasks that perform an overall goal, such as creating a workload domain.
In addition to the most recent tasks, you can view and search for all tasks by clicking View All Tasks at the bottom of the Recent Tasks widget. This opens the Tasks panel.
Viewing and Filtering Task Details
The Tasks panel provides a high level view all tasks, displaying the descriptive task name, task status (for example, running, succeeded, or failed), and the timestamp for the last change in task status. You can also filter and search the task information as follows:
- Search tasks by clicking the filter icon in the Task column header and entering a search string.
- Filter tasks by status by clicking the filter icon in Status column. Select by category All, Failed, Successful, Running, or Pending.
Note: Each category also displays the number of tasks with that status.
- Clear all filters by clicking Reset Filter at the top of the Tasks panel.
- Click Refresh to refresh the task list.
Managing Tasks and Subtask Details
Expand a task to view details including the subtasks that comprise the task and their individual statuses.
- If a task is in a Failed state, you can also attempt to restart it by clicking Restart Task.
Note: Not all tasks are restartable.
- If a task is in a Failed state, click on the icon next to the Failed status to view a detailed report on the cause.
- To view subtasks and their details, click View Subtasks.
Note: You can filter subtasks in the same way you filter tasks.
Resizing the Task Panel
Use the icons on the task panel to increase or decrease the panel size, or to close or reopen it.