You deploy the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in VMware Cloud Foundation mode by using the SDDC Manager UI.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- Click Deploy.
- Review and verify the prerequisites.
Click each prerequisite check box and then click Begin.
- On the Network Settings page, review the settings and click Next.
- On the Virtual Appliance Settings page, enter the settings and click Next.
Virtual Appliance: FQDN
The FQDN for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.Note:
The reverse (PTR) DNS record of this fully qualified domain name is used as the IP address for the virtual appliance.
NSX-T Tier 1 Gateway: IP Address
A free IP Address within the cross-instance virtual network segment.Note:
Used to create a service interface on the NSX-T Data Center Tier 1 Gateway, where VMware Cloud Foundation automatically configures the load-balancer for the vRealize Suite.
Create and confirm the password for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager administrator account, vcfadmin@local. The password created is the credential that allows SDDC Manager to connect to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.Note:
When vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is deployed by SDDC Manager it is enabled for VMware Cloud Foundation mode. As a result, the administrator account for is vcfadmin@local instead of admin@local.
SSH Root Account
Create and confirm a password for the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance root account.
- On the Review Summary page, review the installation configuration settings and click Finish.
SDDC Manager validates the values and starts the deployment.
The vRealize Suite page displays the following message: Deployment in progress.
If the deployment fails, this page displays a deployment status of Deployment failed. In this case, you can click Restart Task or Rollback.
- (Optional) To view details about the individual deployment tasks, in the Tasks panel at the bottom, click each task.