After you populate all the required configuration values in the Deployment Parameters Workbook, you upload it to the VMware Cloud Builder appliance to start the deployment of the management domain.
- On the Prepare Configuration page, in the Download Workbook step click Next.
- On the Prepare Configuration page, in the Complete Workbook step, click Next.
- On the Prepare Configuration page, in the Upload File step, click Select File. Navigate to your completed deployment parameters workbook and click Open.
- After the file is uploaded, click Next to begin validation of the uploaded file. You can download or print the validation list.
To access the bring-up log file, SSH to the VMware Cloud Builder appliance as admin and open the /opt/vmware/bringup/logs/vcf-bringup-debug.log file.
If there is an error during the validation and the Next button is grayed out, you can either make corrections to the environment or edit the deployment parameter workbook and upload it again. Then click Retry to perform the validation again.
If any warnings are displayed and you want to proceed, click Acknowledge and then click Next.
- Click Deploy SDDC.
During the bring-up process, the following tasks are completed. After bring-up is completed, a green bar is displayed indicating that bring-up was successful. A link to the SDDC Manager UI is also displayed. If there are errors during bring-up, seeDuring the bring-up process, the vCenter Server, NSX-T Data Center and SDDC Manager appliances are deployed and the management domain is created. The status of the bring-up tasks is displayed in the UI.
After bring-up is completed, a green bar is displayed indicating that bring-up was successful. A link to the SDDC Manager UI is also displayed. If there are errors during bring-up, see Troubleshooting VMware Cloud Foundation Deployment.
- Click Download to download a detailed deployment report. This report includes information on assigned IP addresses and networks that were configured in your environment.
- After bring-up is completed, click Finish.
- In the SDDC Deployment Completed dialog box, click Launch SDDC Manager.
- Power off the VMware Cloud Builder appliance.
The VMware Cloud Builder appliance includes the VMware Imaging Appliance service, which you can use to install ESXi on additional servers after bring-up is complete. You can delete the VMware Cloud Builder appliance to reclaim its resources or keep it available for future server imaging.