Enable witness traffic for the witness traffic VMkernel adapter on each ESXi host
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
- Click .
- For each host in the stretched cluster, click to determine which VMkernel adapter to use for witness traffic. For example, vmk5.
- SSH to the first ESXi host in the stretched cluster.
- Log in as root and run the following command:
esxcli vsan network ip add -i <vmkernel_adapter> -T=witnessFor example:
esxcli vsan network ip add -i vmk5 -T=witness
- Verify that the VMkernel adapter is configured for witness traffic:
esxcli vsan network list
- Verify that the ESXi host can access the witness host:
vmkping -I <vmkernel_adapter> <witness_host_ip_address>Replace <vmkernel_adapter> with the VMkernel adapter configured for witness traffic, for example vmk5. Replace <witness_host_ip_address> with the witness host IP address.
- Repeat for each ESXi host in the stretched cluster.