When an error occurs, for example after a password expires, you must manually reset the password in the component. After you reset the password in a component, you must remediate the password in SDDC Manager to update the password in the SDDC Manager database and the dependent Cloud Foundation workflows.
To resolve any errors that might have occurred during password rotation or update, you must use password remediation. Password remediation syncs the password of the account stored in the SDDC Manager with the updated password in the component.
Although the individual VMware Cloud Foundation components support different password requirements, you must set passwords following a common set of requirements across all components. For information on updating passwords manually, see Manually Update Passwords.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Foundation system contain no failed workflows. To check for failed workflows, click Dashboard in the navigation pane and expand the Tasks pane at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that no workflows are running or are scheduled to run while you remediate the password.
- Only a user with the ADMIN role can perform this task. For more information about roles, see User and Group Management.
- From the navigation pane, select
.The Password Management page displays a table with detailed information about all domains, including their component, credential type, FQDN, IP address, and user name. This table is dynamic. Each column can be sorted.You can click the filter icon next to the table header and filter the results by a string value. For example, click the filter icon next to User Name and enter admin to display only domains with that user name value.
- Select the component that includes the account for which you want to remediate a password from the drop-down menu.
For example, ESXI.
- Select the account whose password you want to remediate, click the vertical ellipsis (three dots), and click Remediate.
The Remediate Password dialog box appears. This dialog box displays the entity name, account type, credential type, and user name, in case you must confirm you have selected the correct account.
- Enter and confirm the password that was set manually on the component.
- Click Remediate.
A message appears at the top of the page showing the progress of the operation. The Task panel also shows detailed status of the password remediation operation. To view subtasks, you can click the task name.
Password remediation is complete when all sub-tasks are completed successfully.