Once you have uploaded the required ESXi and VIB packages to the VMware Imaging Appliance service, you can begin imaging servers. You can image an individual server, or multiple servers at the same time.
- In a web browser on the Windows machine that is connected to the VMware Cloud Builder appliance, navigate to https://Cloud_Builder_VM_IP:8445/via.
- Enter the admin credentials you provided when you deployed the VMware Cloud Builder appliance and click Log in.
- In the navigation pane, click Imaging.
- Enter a name and description for the imaging job.
- Enter the requirements for the imaging job
Enter the FQDN/IP address for the NTP server
Enter the number of servers you want to image as part of the job using the selected ISO and VIBs.
Enter the IP address that will be allocated to the server.
Enter the MAC address of the server. This is used by the imaging service to identify the physical host.
Enter the FQDN to allocate to the server.
- Click Start Imaging.
- When prompted, power cycle the server(s) to continue imaging.
The VMware Imaging Appliance service displays information about the progress of imaging. Click a server to view details. Once imaging is complete, the VMware Imaging Appliance service performs verification of the servers.
- When verification is finished, click Complete.
What to do next
Perform post-imaging tasks.