When VMware Cloud Foundation mode is enabled in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the behavior of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is aligned with the VMware Cloud Foundation architecture.
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in VMware Cloud Foundation mode introduces the following features:
- Binary mapping optimization. When vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager runs in VMware Cloud Foundation mode, it can poll and use the vRealize Suite product binaries directly from SDDC Manager’s downloaded bundles.
- Automatic load balancer configuration. Load balancer preparation and configuration are no longer a prerequisite when you use vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to deploy or perform a cluster expansion on Workspace ONE Access, vRealize Operations, or vRealize Automation. Load balancer preparation and configuration take place as part of the deploy or expand operation.
- Automatic infrastructure selection in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager’s deployment wizards. When you deploy a vRealize Suite product through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, infrastructure objects such as clusters and networks are pre-populated. They are fixed and cannot be changed to ensure alignment with the VMware Cloud Foundation architecture.
- Cluster deployment for a new environment. You can deploy vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations, or vRealize Automation in clusters. You can deploy Workspace ONE Access either as a cluster or a single node. If you deploy Workspace ONE Access as a single node, you can expand it to a cluster later.
- Consistent Bill Of Materials (BOM). vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in VMware Cloud Foundation mode only displays product versions that are compatible with VMware Cloud Foundation to ensure product interoperability.
- Inventory synchronization between vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager and SDDC Manager. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager can detect changes made to vRealize Suite products and update its inventory through inventory synchronization. When VMware Cloud Foundation mode is enabled in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, inventory synchronization in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager also updates SDDC Manager’s inventory to get in sync with the current state of the system.
- Product versions. You can only access the versions for the selected vRealize products that are specifically supported by VMware Cloud Foundation itself.
- Resource pool and advanced properties. The resources in the Resource Pools under the Infrastructure Details are blocked by the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI, so that the VMware Cloud Foundation topology does not change. Similarly, the Advanced Properties are also blocked for all products except for Remote Collectors. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager also auto-populates infrastructure and network properties by calling VMware Cloud Foundation deployment API.
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) compliance.