Provide information about the NSX Manager cluster to use with the VI workload domain. If you already have an NSX Manager cluster for a different VI workload domain, you can reuse that NSX Manager cluster or create a new one.
See VMware Configuration Maximums for information about the maximum number of workload domains that can be managed by a single NSX Manager instance.
- On the Networking page of the wizard, choose to create a new NSX Manager cluster or reuse an existing one.
For the first VI workload domain, you must create an NSX Manager cluster.
- If you are reusing an existing NSX Manager cluster, select the cluster.
The networking information for the selected cluster will display and cannot be edited. Skip to step 5.Note: In order to share an NSX Manager cluster, the workload domains must use the same update method. The workload domains must both use vSphere Lifecycle Manager (vLCM) baselines or they must both use vLCM images.
- Provide the NSX Manager cluster details:
- NSX Manager cluster FQDN
- FQDNs for three NSX Managers (nodes)
- NSX Manager Admin password
- If you are creating a new NSX Manager cluster, enter the VLAN ID for the NSX-T host overlay network.
- Select the IP allocation method.
Note: You can only use a static IP pool for VI workload domains with uniform L2 clusters. For L3 aware or stretch clusters, DHCP is required for Host Overlay Network TEP IP assignment.
Option Description DHCP With this option VMware Cloud Foundation uses DHCP for the Host Overlay Network TEPs.
A DHCP server must be configured on the NSX host overlay VLAN. When NSX-T Data Center creates TEPs for the VI workload domain, they are assigned IP addresses from the DHCP server.
Static IP Pool With this option VMware Cloud Foundation uses a static IP pool for the Host Overlay Network TEPs. You can re-use an existing IP pool or create a new one.To create a new static IP Pool provide the following information:
Note: You cannot stretch a cluster that uses static IP addresses for the NSX host overlay network TEPs.
- Pool Name
- IP Range.
- Gateway IP
- Click Next.