You can replace or change the vSAN witness host for a stretched cluster using the vSphere Client without affecting life cycle operations of SDDC Manager.
Verify that the vSAN witness host is not in use by another cluster, has a VMkernel configured for vSAN traffic, and has no vSAN partitions on its disks.
- In a web browser, log in to vCenter Server at https://vcenter_server_fqdn/ui.
- Select .
- In the inventory panel, expand .
- Select the stretched cluster and click Configure.
- Under vSAN, click Fault Domains.
- Click the Change button.
- Select a new host to use as the vSAN witness host and click Next.
- Claim disks on the new witness host and click Next.
- Review the configuration and click Finish.