This procedure shows you how to replace the components of an unassigned host that is running in degraded mode.
- Verify that the host is operational and is accessible by VMware Host Client.
- Verify that the HDD and SSD disks on the host are in a good state.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- In the Hosts table, select the host on which you want to perform maintenance.
- From the Action menu, click Open in VMware Host Client and log in.
- Right-click the host and select Shutdown.
- Pull the host out of the physical rack.
Note the ports on the switches it was connected to.
- Service the appropriate part following the OEM vendor documentation.
- Put the host back in the physical rack and connect it back to the appropriate switches.
- Power on the host.
- In SDDC Manager UI, verify that the host is available in the free pool.