You provide high availability of the active Global Manager by configuring the Global Manager in the additional instance as standby to the active cluster. In case of failure of the cluster in first instance, you can use the cluster in additional instance to provide the networking capabilities.
- Obtain the certificate thumbprint of the Active Global Manager cluster.
- Log in to the management domain or VI workload domain vCenter Server by using a Secure Shell (SSH) client.
- Run the shell command to switch to the bash shell.
- Run the command below to retrieve the Global Manager cluster thumbprint.
echo -n | openssl s_client -connect <standby_gm_vip_fqdn>:443 2>/dev/null | openssl x509 -noout -fingerprint -sha256
- Save the thumprint.
- Add additional Global Manager instance
- Log in to the Active Global Manager at https://active_gm_vip_fqdn/.
- On the main navigation bar, Select .
- Click Add Standby.
- Enter the location name, FQDN, username and password, and the SHA-256 thumbprint you had retrieved earlier.
- Click Check Compatibility and click Save.