You can join a federation through the Multi-Instance Management Dashboard.
- Click Join Federation on the Multi-Instance Management Dashboard.
- Type a display name for the site to be added.
- Select the member role as indicated in the invitation you received.
- Type the FQDN of your SDDC Manager.
- Select the country and city for your site.
- Type the token as indicated in the invitation you received.
- Type the FQDN of the controller who invited you.
- Click Join.
The join process is initiated. If you see an error, resolve the issue and then request a new invitation and follow the steps described above. After the join process is successful, your SDDC Manager instance becomes a member of the federation.
After a controller joins or leaves a federation, Kafka is restarted on all controllers in the federation. It can take several minutes for the federation to stabilize even after the dashboard is refreshed. If an operation performed on the dashboard during this time fails, re-try the operation.