A network pool must include the vMotion network information. Depending on the type of storage you are using, you must provide network information for vSAN, NFS, and iSCSI.
The subnet in a network pool cannot overlap the subnet of another pool.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- Click Create Network Pool.
- Enter a name for the network pool.
- Select the network type(s).
- For vSAN and NFS, you can include both vSAN and NFS network information in the same network pool or create separate network pools for vSAN and NFS.
- For VMFS on FC storage, select vMotion only or vMotion and NFS.
- For vVols on FC storage, select vMotion only or vMotion and NFS.
- For vVols on iSCSI storage, select vMotion and iSCSI.
- For vVols on NFS storage, select vMotion and NFS.
- Provide the following network information for the selected network type(s).
Option Description VLAN ID Enter a VLAN ID between 1 and 4094. MTU Enter an MTU between 1500 and 9000. Network Enter a subnet IP address. Subnet Mask Enter the subnet mask. Default Gateway Enter the default gateway. Included IP Ranges Enter an IP address range from which an IP address can be assigned to hosts that are associated with this network pool. The IP address range must be from within the specified subnet. You cannot include the IP address of the default gateway in the IP address range. You can enter multiple IP address ranges.Note: Ensure that you have entered the correct IP address range. IP ranges cannot be edited after the network pool is created.
- Click Save.