Ensure that the following prerequisites are met before starting an upgrade.
- You have taken a backup of the SDDC Manager appliance using an external SFTP server. See the Backup and Restore of VMware Cloud Foundation section in the VMware Cloud Foundation Operations and Administration Guide.
- You have a backup or snapshot of relevant management VMs in the management domain.
- There are no domain operations in progress. Domain operations include creating VI workload domains, expanding a workload domain (adding a cluster or host), and shrinking a workload domain (removing a cluster or host).
- You have downloaded the relevant bundles. See Downloading Bundles.
Note: If you downloaded the bundles manually, you must download all bundles for the target release and upload them to the SDDC Manager appliance before starting the upgrade.
- There are no failed workflows in your system and none of the VMware Cloud Foundation resources are in activating or error state.
Caution: If any of these conditions are true, contact VMware Support before starting the upgrade.
- Passwords for all VMware Cloud Foundation components are valid.