The VMware Cloud Foundation Upgrade bundle upgrades the SDDC Manager appliance and Lifecycle Management.
- Download the VMware Cloud Foundation update bundle for your target release. See Downloading Bundles.
- Ensure you have a recent successfull backup of SDDC Manager using an external SFTP server.
- Ensure you have taken a snapshot of the SDDC Manager appliance.
- Ensure you have recent successfull backups of the componants managed by SDDC Manager.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- On the Workload Domains page, click the management domain and then click the Updates/Patches tab.
- Run the upgrade precheck. See Perform Update Precheck.
- In the Available Updates section, select the target release.
- Click Update Now or Schedule Update next to the VMware Cloud Foundation Upgrade bundle.
- If you selected Schedule Update, select the date and time for the bundle to be applied and click Schedule.
If you clicked Update Now, the VMware Cloud Foundation Update Status window displays the components that will be upgraded and the upgrade status. Click View Update Activity to view the detailed tasks. After the upgrade is completed, a green bar with a check mark is displayed.
- Click Finish.
- The Available Updates section displays a VMware Cloud Foundation target version. Select a target version to view the next bundle to be applied.
- The Release Versions tab is available within the Lifecycle Management option in the left navigation pane. This page displays the VMware Cloud Foundation versions in your environment and the associated component versions in that release.
What to do next
- If you are upgrading from VMware Cloud Foundation 4.2.1, 4.2 or 184.108.40.206, apply the Configuration Drift bundle. See Apply Configuration Drift Bundle.
- If you are upgrading from VMware Cloud Foundation 4.1, continue upgrading the management domain See Upgrade the Management Domain to VMware Cloud Foundation 4.3.