The VMware Cloud Foundation Lifecycle Management describes how to manage the lifecycle of a VMware Cloud Foundation environment. The information includes prerequisites, step-by-step configuration instructions, and suggested best practices.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Lifecycle Management is intended for cloud architects, infrastructure administrators, and cloud administrators who are familiar with and want to use VMware software to quickly deploy and manage an SDDC. The information in this document is written for experienced data center system administrators who are familiar with:
- Concepts of virtualization, software-defined data centers, and virtual infrastructure (VI)
- VMware virtualization technologies, such as VMware ESXi™, the hypervisor
- Software-defined networking using VMware NSX-T® Data Center
- Software-defined storage using VMware vSAN™
- IP networks
Additionally, you should be familiar with these VMware software products, software components, and their features:
- VMware vSphere®
- VMware vCenter Server®
- VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- VMware vRealize Operations
- VMware vRealize Automation
- Workspace ONE Access
The VMware Cloud Foundation Planning and Preparation Workbook provides detailed information about the inputs required to complete a VMware Cloud Foundation deployment. It also provides dynamic sizing guidance.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Deployment Guide provides information about installing VMware ESXi™ software on VMware Cloud Foundation™ servers and deploying the management domain using the VMware Cloud Builder appliance™.
The VMware Cloud Foundation Operations and Administration Guide provides information about managing a VMware Cloud Foundation™ system, including managing the system's virtual infrastructure, managing users, configuring and deploying service offerings, and upgrading and monitoring the system.