The configuration drift bundle applies configuration changes required for 2nd party software components in the VMware Cloud Foundation Bill of Materials for the target release. Configuration changes are applied to the management domain and may also affect VI workload domains in your environment. However, there is no downtime on VI workload domains and they need not be in a maintenance window.
- Download the configuration drift bundle for your target release. See Downloading Bundles.
- Ensure that you have a recent successfull backup of SDDC Manager using an external SFTP server.
- Ensure that you have taken a snapshot of the SDDC Manager appliance.
- Ensure that you have recent successfull backups of the componants managed by SDDC Manager.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- On the Workload Domains page, click the management domain and then click the Updates/Patches tab.
- Run the upgrade precheck. See Perform Update Precheck.
- In the Available Updates section, click Update Now or Schedule Update next to the VMWare Cloud Foundation Configuration drift bundle.
- If you selected Schedule Update, select the date and time for the bundle to be applied and then click Schedule.
After the upgrade is completed, a green bar with a check mark is displayed.
- Click Finish.