You can manually change the password for a selected account. Unlike password rotation, which generates a randomized password, you provide the new password.
You can update only one password at a time.
Although individual VMware Cloud Foundation accounts support different password requirements, it is recommended that you set passwords following a common set of requirements across all accounts:
- Minimum length: 12
- Maximum length: 20
- At least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, a number, and one of the following special characters: ! @ # $ ^ *
- Must NOT include:
- A dictionary word
- A palindrome
- More than four monotonic character sequences
- Three of the same consecutive characters
- Verify that there are no currently failed workflows in your VMware Cloud Foundation system. To check for failed workflows, click Dashboard in the navigation pane and expand the Tasks pane at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that no active workflows are running or are scheduled to run during the manual password update.
- Only a user with the ADMIN role can perform this task. For more information about roles, see User and Group Management.
- From the navigation pane, select .
- Click the tab for the component that includes the account for which you want to update the password.
For example, ESXI.
- Select the account whose password you want to update, click the vertical ellipsis (three dots), and click Update.
- Enter and confirm the new password.
- Click Update.
A message appears at the top of the page showing the progress of the operation. The Tasks panel also shows detailed status of the password update operation. To view sub-tasks, click the task name.