You restore the file-based backup of the first NSX Manager cluster node to the newly deployed NSX Manager instance.
- In a web browser, log in to the NSX Manager node for the domain by using the user interface (https://<nsx_manager_node_fqdn>/login.jsp?local=true)
- On the main navigation bar, click System.
- In the left navigation pane, under Lifecycle management, click Backup and restore.
- In the NSX configuration pane, under SFTP server, click Edit.
- In the Backup configuration dialog box, enter these values, and click Save.
FQDN or IP address
IP address of SFTP server
Service account user name
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under Backup history, select the target backup, and click Restore.
- During the restore, when prompted, reject adding NSX Manager nodes by clicking I understand and Resume.
A progress bar displays the status of the restore operation with the current step of the process.