You provide high availability of the active Global Manager by configuring the Global Manager in the additional instance as standby to the active cluster. In case of failure of the cluster in first instance, you can use the cluster in additional instance to provide the networking capabilities.
- Obtain the certificate thumbprint of the Standby Global Manager cluster.
- Enable SSH on one of the NSX-T Manager VMs.
- From the vCenter UI, open the web console of one of the NSX-T Managers and login to the Admin user.
- Run the command start service ssh to enable SSH on the NSX-T Manager.
- Use a Secure Shell (SSH) client and log in to the same NSX-T Manager with the Admin user.
- Run the command get certificate cluster thumbprint to retrieve the Global Manager cluster thumbprint.
sfo-m01-nsxt01c> get certificate cluster thumbprint b88c4e052fe61309915527511e7f1b25970286a51cf1dd68ea881daba1ed0a9f
- Save the thumbprint.
- Run the stop service ssh command to deactivate SSH on the NSX-T Manager.
- Add additional Global Manager instance
- Log in to the Active Global Manager at https://active_gm_vip_fqdn/.
- On the main navigation bar, Select .
- Click Add Standby.
- Enter the location name, FQDN, username and password, and the SHA-256 thumbprint you had retrieved earlier.
- Click Check Compatibility and click Save.