You deploy three Global Manager nodes in the VMware Cloud Foundation management domain.
- Download the NSX OVF file from the VMware download portal.
- In a web browser, log in to vCenter Server at https://vcenter_server_fqdn/ui.
- Select the default cluster in the management domain.
- Right-click and select Deploy OVF template.
- Select Local file, click Upload files, and navigate to the OVA file.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name and a location for the NSX Manager VM, and click Next.
The name you enter appears in the vSphere and vCenter Server inventory.
- Select the compute resource on which to deploy the NSX Manager appliance page and click Next.
- Review and verify the OVF template details and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Specify the deployment configuration size and click Next.
If you are configuring NSX Federation on the management domain, select Medium. For VI workload domain, select Large. The Description panel on the right side of the wizard shows the details of selected configuration.
- Specify storage for the configuration and disk files.
Note: The virtual disk format is determined by the selected VM storage policy when using a vSAN datastore.
- Select the virtual disk format.
- Select the VM storage policy.
- Specify the datastore to store the NSX Manager appliance files.
- Click Next.
- Select the management network as the destination network and click Next.
The following steps are all located in the Customize Template section of the Deploy OVF Template wizard.
- In the Application section, enter the system root, CLI admin, and audit passwords for the NSX Manager. The root and admin credentials are mandatory fields.
Your passwords must comply with the password strength restrictions.
- At least 12 characters
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one upper-case letter
- At least one digit
- At least one special character
- At least five different characters
- In the Optional parameters section, leave the password fields blank.
- In the Network Properties section, enter the hostname of the NSX Manager.
- For Rolename, select the NSX Global Manager role.
- Enter the default gateway, management network IPv4, and management network netmask.
- In the DNS section, enter the DNS Server list and Domain Search list.
- In the Services Configuration section, enter the NTP Server list and enable SSH.
- Verify that all your custom OVF template specification is accurate and click Finish to initiate the deployment.
The deployment might take 7-8 minutes.
- After the deployment is complete, power on the Global Manager node.
Right-click the Global Manager VM and, from the Actions menu, select .
- In a web browser, log in to Global Manager at https://gm_node1_fqdn/.
- Accept the end-user license agreement and click Continue.
- Join the VMware Customer Experience Program and click Save.
- Repeat steps 4 - 22 to deploy two additional Global Manager nodes.