Install ESXi on all hosts in the first cluster in the management domain interactively. You can use the same process to install ESXi on additional hosts for the management domain, or on hosts for a VI workload domain.
Repeat this procedure for each host in the cluster that you want to add to a workload domain.
- Power on the ESXi host.
- Mount and boot from ESXi ISO.
- On the Welcome to the VMware ESXi Installation screen, press Enter to start the installation.
- On the End User License Agreement (EULA) screen, press F11 to accept the EULA.
- On the Select a Disk to Install or Upgrade screen, select the internal disk to install ESXi on and press Enter.
- On the Please select a keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout and press Enter.
- On the Enter a root password screen enter the esxi_root_user_password, enter the password a second time to confirm the spelling, and press Enter.
- On the Confirm Install screen, press F11 to start the installation.
- On the Installation Complete screen, press Enter to reboot the host.
- Repeat this procedure for all remaining hosts.