You can create a VxRail VI workload domain using the Workflow Optimization script.
The Workflow Optimzation script uses the VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail API to perform all of the steps to create a VI workload domain in one place. See Create a Domain with Workflow Optimization for more information about the API.
Make sure that the Prerequisites for a Workload Domain are met before using the Workflow Optimization script.
- Download the .zip file for the Workflow Optimzation script.
- Unzip the file and copy the directory (WorkflowOptimization-VCF-51-master) to the /home/vcf directory on the SDDC Manager VM.
- Remove the
storagename/value from the JSON.
- Using SSH, log in to the SDDC Manager VM with the user name vcf and the password you specified in the deployment parameter sheet.
- In the /home/vcf/WorkflowOptimization-VCF-51-master directory, run python vxrail_workflow_optimization_automator.py.
- Follow the prompts to create a VI workload domain.
The README.md file in the WorkflowOptimization-VCF-51-master directory provides detailed instructions on how to use the script.