When you deploy VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle from the SDDC Manager UI, VMware Cloud Foundation mode is enabled in VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle, and the behavior of VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle is aligned with the VMware Cloud Foundation architecture.
VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle in VMware Cloud Foundation mode introduces the following features:
- Automatic load balancer configuration. Load balancer preparation and configuration are no longer a prerequisite when you use VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle to deploy or perform a cluster expansion on Workspace ONE Access, VMware Aria Operations, or VMware Aria Automation. Load balancer preparation and configuration take place as part of the deploy or expand operation.
- Automatic infrastructure selection in the VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle deployment wizards. When you deploy a VMware Aria Suite product through VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle, infrastructure objects such as clusters and networks are pre-populated. They are fixed and cannot be changed to ensure alignment with the VMware Cloud Foundation architecture.
- Cluster deployment for a new environment. You can deploy VMware Aria Operations for Logs, VMware Aria Operations, or VMware Aria Automation in clusters. You can deploy Workspace ONE Access either as a cluster or a single node. If you deploy Workspace ONE Access as a single node, you can expand it to a cluster later.
- Consistent Bill Of Materials (BOM). VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle in VMware Cloud Foundation mode only displays product versions that are compatible with VMware Cloud Foundation to ensure product interoperability.
- Inventory synchronization between VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle and SDDC Manager. VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle can detect changes made to VMware Aria Suite products and update its inventory through inventory synchronization. When VMware Cloud Foundation mode is enabled in VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle, inventory synchronization in VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle also updates SDDC Manager’s inventory to get in sync with the current state of the system.
- Product versions. VMware Cloud Foundation supports flexible VMware Aria Suite upgrades. You can upgrade VMware Aria Suite products as new versions become available in VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle. VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle will only allow upgrades to compatible and supported versions of VMware Aria Suite products.
- Resource pool and advanced properties. The resources in the Resource Pools under the Infrastructure Details are blocked by the VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle UI, so that the VMware Cloud Foundation topology does not change. Similarly, the Advanced Properties are also blocked for all products except for Remote Collectors. VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle also auto-populates infrastructure and network properties by calling VMware Cloud Foundation deployment API.
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) compliance.