Manage the notifications and alerts that are sent from the VMware Aria Operations for Networks service, according to the design objectives and design guidance of the Cloud-Based Network Visibility for VMware Cloud Foundation validated solution.
Notification and Alerts management activities include the creation and configuration of alerts in VMware Aria Operations for Networks, relevant to a VMware Cloud Foundation environment.
Configure the Notifications and Alerts for VMware Aria Operations for Networks for Cloud-Based Network Visibility for VMware Cloud Foundation
For users of the VMware Aria Operations for Networks service, you configure the desired Notifications and Alerts of the certain items that you are relevant to you or your organization.
In VMware Aria Operations for Networks, each item that can generate an alert falls into one of three categories: problems, changes, or others. By default, each of these items is turned on, but does not send notifications.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Services console at https://console.cloud.vmware.com/ with a user assigned the VMware Aria Operations for Networks Admin role.
- On the Services page, locate the VMware Aria Operations for Networks tile, and click Launch service.
- On the VMware Aria Operations for Networks page, in the left pane, navigate to .
- On the Problems tab, select the item you want to edit, and click the Edit icon.
- On the Alert definition page, in the Alert notification section, configure the notification settings according to your organization's requirements, and click Submit.
Note: If you select email, you can get an email immediately or a daily digest email.