You can edit the setting of your vCloud Usage Meter instances in VMware Cloud Partner Navigator.
- Edit the label of an instance.
- Edit the associated rental contract number of an instance.
- Select a new site for an instance if sites are already created for a given contract.
- Edit the associated term contract number of an instance.
- Modify the usage billing mode.
- Modify the connectivity mode.
- Configure vCloud Usage Meter 4.x instances for standalone reporting.
- You have the required permissions for viewing the usage of your provider organization.
- You have enabled single sign-on (SSO) between VMware Cloud Partner Navigator and VMware Cloud Provider Commerce Portal. If you don't have SSO enabled, you can only edit the connectivity mode and standalone reporting settings of your vCloud Usage Meter instances in VMware Cloud Partner Navigator.
- On the VMware Cloud Partner Navigator toolbar, click .
You see a table with all registered vCloud Usage Meter instances.
- Click the expand-card icon next to the vCloud Usage Meter instance you want to edit.
A window with details about the instance appears.
- To start editing the settings, click Edit.
- Modify the settings.
- Enter a new label for the instance.
- From the Rental Contract Number drop-down menu, select a new rental contract.
- From the Term Contract Number drop-down menu, select a new term contract.
- From the Site drop-down menus, select new term contract and rental contract sites.
The Site menus only appears if there are sites associated with the contract of the instance. To create new sites, you must log in to VMware Cloud Provider Commerce Portal.
- Select a usage billing mode.
Usage Billing Mode Description Production The usage reported by the instance counts towards your monthly billing order for the contract. Test The usage reported by the instance does not count towards your monthly billing order for the contract.
- Select a connectivity mode.
Connectivity Mode Description Online vCloud Usage Meter automatically uploads the product consumption data to VMware Cloud Partner Navigator. Offline vCloud Usage Meter does not upload the product consumption data to VMware Cloud Partner Navigator. At the end of the reporting period, you must manually download the product consumption data and upload it to VMware Cloud Partner Navigator.
- Select the check boxes of the reporting settings you want to enable.
Report Settings Description Report vRealize Operations usage as standalone When selected, vRealize Operations Manager product consumption data is reported as standalone. Report vRealize Network Insight usage as standalone When selected, vRealize Network Insight product consumption data is reported as standalone.
- To confirm the changes, click Save.
You have successfully edited the settings of the selected vCloud Usage Meter instance.