You can onboard VMware Cloud Partner Navigator with a provider organization if you have signed an applicable contract in Commerce Portal.
VMware Cloud Partner Navigator is a unified software-as-a-service (SaaS) delivery platform for Partner Connect Program cloud provider and MSP partners. VMware Cloud Partner Navigator simplifies the management and delivery of multi-cloud services and the consumption of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), across an expanding set of cloud endpoints and cross-cloud services.
You are logged in with an account that has the Administrator role assigned.
You have signed a Rental, GSS, Independent Software Vendor, or SRV commit contract.
You haven't onboarded VMware Cloud Partner Navigator with a provider organization yet.
- On the Commerce Portal toolbar, expand the drop-down menu next to your user name and click Profile.
- Under Organization Information, click Create CPN Organization.
- Enter the details of the user who will carry out the VMware Cloud Partner Navigator onboarding procedure.
That user becomes the first Provider Administrator user in your VMware Cloud Partner Navigator provider organization. For information about the roles and permissions in VMware Cloud Partner Navigator, see this topic.
- (Optional) To set VMware Cloud services as a trusted identity provider (IdP), select the check box.
This option simplifies the login experience of users, allowing them to switch between platforms with single sign-on authentication (SSO).
- To send an invitation email to the user, click Onboard CPN.
The specified user receives an email with instructions about onboarding VMware Cloud Partner Navigator.
The Profile menu in Commerce Portal indicates that an invitation has been sent.
- Follow the instructions in the email to create a VMware Cloud Partner Navigator provider organization.
For more information, see Getting Started with Cloud Partner Navigator.
You have successfully onboarded VMware Cloud Partner Navigator with your provider organization.
The Profile menu in Commerce Portal indicates that an organization is created and displays its long-form organization ID.
What to do next
Add new users to your VMware Cloud Partner Navigator provider organization.
For more information, see this chapter in the VMware Cloud Partner Navigator Documentation.
If you have entered wrong user details in the VMware Cloud Partner Navigator onboarding form, click Resend Invitation and fill in the form again. To file a support request for the onboarding procedure, see this article.