You register a Usage Meter instance with a contract to enable automatic reporting.
Alternatively, you can also register a Usage Meter instance in the Usage Meters menu. For more information, refer to the table.
- Verify that you are logged in with an account that has the Auto Report Operations role assigned.
- Enable Auto Reporting for Rental in the Profile settings. If deactivated, a user with the Auto Report Operations role must enable it first. See How do I opt in for automatic reporting.
- On the Commerce Portal toolbar, click Contracts.
- Click the contract number for which you want to enable automatic reporting.
You are redirected to the details page of that contract.
- Click Usage Meters.
- Click Add.
- Enter the instance ID and name of the Usage Meter instance.
- Select the Usage Meter mode.
- If you have defined sites for the contract, select a site from the Site drop-down menu to associate the Usage Meter instance with a site.
The Usage Meter instance collects only the usage data of the selected site.
- (Optional) To register the Usage Meter instance with an additional contract, click ADD and enter the contract ID.
- To register the instance, click OK.
The Usage Meter instance appears in the Usage Meters tab of registered contracts and in the Usage Meters menu.
If set to Production, the data collected by the instance is automatically populated in following MBO reports and made ready for submission.