You can set up automatic reporting for Rental and Term contracts by registering your Usage Meter instances with a contract.
If you have defined sites for your contracts, you register Usage Meter instances on a site level. If you do not have sites for your contracts, you register Usage Meter instances on a contract level.
- Verify that you are logged in with an account that has the Auto Report Operations role assigned.
- Enable Auto Reporting for Rental in the Profile settings. If deactivated, a user with the Auto Report Operations role must enable it first. See How do I opt in for automatic reporting.
- If registering a Usage Meter 4.x instance, verify that you have opted into the Flex Pricing Model from your Profile settings. See How do I opt in for Flex Pricing Model.
- On the Commerce Portal toolbar, click Contracts.
- Click the contract number for which you want to enable automatic reporting.
You are redirected to the details page of that contract.
- On the toolbar, select Usage Meter Instances.
- Click Register New.
- Enter the name and instance ID of the Usage Meter instance.
- Select the version and mode.
- If you have defined sites for the contract, select a site from the Site drop-down menu to associate the Usage Meter instance with a site.
The Usage Meter instance collects only the usage data of the selected site.
- To register the instance, click Ok.
The Usage Meter instance appears in the list of instances.
If set to Production, the data collected by the instance is automatically populated in following MBO reports and made ready for submission.
What to do next
- Click the link above the table to check the status of your Usage Meter instances in vCloud Usage Insight.
To move instances across sites, click the options button and select Edit. Use the Site drop-down menu to select a new site and click Ok.
To delete an instance, click the options button and select Delete.