The VMware Cloud Provider Hub connects with the VMware Cloud Provider Program Business Portal and VMware Cloud services to allow a cloud services provider to onboard the system with a master organization.
The service provider and tenants use the management services delivered with the Cloud Provider Hub portal to maintain the lifecycle of the provisioned VMware Cloud services and existing users.
The following diagram is an overview of the services that are part of the VMware Cloud Provider Hub environment.
- VMware Cloud Provider Program Business Portal - A service provider that is not in the VMware Cloud Provider Program contacts an aggregator to onboard VMware Cloud Provider Hub with a commit contract as a payment method. The aggregator uses the Business Portal to define a commit contract to manage the billing relationship for service providers.
The Business Portal creates a commit contract per VMware Cloud service.
- VMware Cloud Provider Hub portal - This portal is a single point of access for cloud services providers and their tenants. You log in either to the Service Provider Portal view or the Tenant Portal view, depending on your assigned user role.
- Management services - These are services that are available as tabs in the VMware Cloud Provider Hub portal UI. Service providers use these services to manage tenants, users and their roles, provisioned services, support, organizations' usage and billing.
If you log in as a tenant, you are redirected to the Tenant Portal view. You can only manage users and their roles, provisioned services, and billing.
- VMware Cloud services - The VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Log Intelligence services from the VMware Cloud services catalog that you subscribe for with a commit contract.
How service providers use VMware Cloud Provider Hub
- Onboard and provision services to tenants.
- Manage services lifecycle.
- Control user access to specific services.
- View tenant services usage.
- Impersonate as a tenant to fully manage the cloud service.
- View all logged tickets for your tenants in a consolidated manner with the capability to filter them.
How tenants use VMware Cloud Provider Hub
- Provision and consume services.
- Manage users lifecycle.
- View service usage.