Before deploying VMware Cloud Director, you must meet all deployment prerequisites.
|VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager||vCenter infra server||VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager need access to the vCenter to deploy the VMware Cloud Director cells.|
|VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager||vCenter resource server||VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager need access to the vCenter to validate access for VMware Cloud Director.|
|VMware Cloud Director||vCenter resource server||The resource vCenter is configured as a provider VDC in VMware Cloud Director, thus it must be accessible.|
|VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager||NSX-T Manager||To validate access for VMware Cloud Director, VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager must access NSX-T Manager.|
|VMware Cloud Director||NSX-T Manager||To manage the provider VDC, VMware Cloud Director must access NSX-T Manager.|
|VMware Cloud Director||NFS Mount||To mount the NFS share, the VMware Cloud Director cells need access to NFS Mount.|
|VMware Cloud Director||VMware Cloud Director||Communication between all VMware Cloud Director cells.|
|VMware Cloud Director||VMware Cloud Director Load Balancer||To use the load balancer as a base endpoint in VMware Cloud Director, the load balancer IP address must be accessible.|
|VMware Cloud Director Load Balancer||VMware Cloud Director||Used by the load balancer to access the VMware Cloud Director cells on ports 443 and 8443.|
|VMware Cloud Director||RabbitMQ||Used by VMware Cloud Director to access the RabbitMQ instance through AMQP on the configured ports.|
|VMware Cloud Director||NTP||The VMware Cloud Director cells must access the NTP server.|
|VMware Cloud Director||DNS||The VMware Cloud Director cells must access the DNS server.|
|2049||TCP/ UDP||Used by VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager to mount NFS share.|
|5671||TCP/ UDP||Used to access RabbitMQ.|
For information about port requirements, see Network Security Requirements in the VMware Cloud Director Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade documentation.
|Management VC||Used to deploy the VMware Cloud Director cells in the management vCenter.|
|Resource VC||Used to register the vCenter Server with VMware Cloud Director.|
|Resource NSX-T Manager||Used to register NSX-T with VMware Cloud Director.|
|RabbitMQ||Used to access RabbitMQ. You can create the account during the deployment of RabbitMQ.|
- The VMware Cloud Director cells must have access to the NFS share. Before deploying VMware Cloud Director, the NFS share must be empty and read/write access must be enabled without authentication.
- VMware Cloud Director Load Balancer - before deploying the VMware Cloud Director cell, you must configure the dedicated load balancer.
- To enable forward and reverse lookup of IP addresses and hostnames, you must configure DNS A and PTR records for each VMware Cloud Director cell and load balancer.
- To deploy VMware Cloud Director with CA-signed certificates, you must generate the required certificates and provide them in the REST API payload.
- vCenter cluster or dedicated resource pool available to be configured for PVDC (if root resource pool of the cluster is used, no resource pool name should be specified)
- Storage profile preconfigured in vCenter, including compliant datastores
- NSX-T Manager is accessible and provides overlay transport zone that can be used for network pool.
- NSX-T tier0 gateway is available and a subnet that is accessible to be used for configuring a VCD external network