Management inventory groups contain SDDC infrastructure components. Use these groups in management gateway firewall rules.
Pre-defined management inventory groups are created automatically for SDDC infrastructure components such as vCenter and NSX Manager. You cannot modify a pre-defined management group, but you can create additional management inventory groups by specifying the CIDR blocks to which group members are connected.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud at https://www.vmc-us-gov.vmware.com/.
- On the Networking & Security tab, click .
- On the Groups card, click MANAGEMENT GROUPS, then click ADD GROUP and give the group a Name and an optional Description.
- Click Set Members to open the Select Members page.
Enter one or more IP addresses of management VMs in CIDR format.
- (Optional) Tag the group.
See Add Tags to an Object in the NSX-T Data Center Administration Guide for more information about tagging NSX-T objects.
- Click SAVE to create the group.