You might experience problems connecting to resources on VMware Cloud on AWS. For example:
- You log in to the VMC Console and see only a blank screen.
- You try to log in to the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client and see the error message, User name and password are required.
This error is caused by a problem with the site cookies.
- You can resolve this issue either by deleting the site cookies or opening an incognito or private browsing window in your browser.
Option Description Delete cookies Follow the instructions for your browser. If you want to delete only specific cookies, delete ones with "vmware" and "vidm" in the name.
- Google Chrome: See https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
Open an incognito or private browsing window Follow the instructions for your browser:
- Google Chrome: Click the menu button and select New incognito window.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click the menu button and select New Private Window.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click the tools button and select .
- Microsoft Edge: Click the More icon, and select New InPrivate window.
- Safari: Select .