Add hosts to your SDDC to increase the amount of computing and storage capacity available in your SDDC.
You can add hosts to your SDDC as long as you do not exceed the maximum number of hosts allotted to your account.
Note: If you add one or more hosts to a two-host SDDC, the minimum size of that SDDC will be permanently increased to three hosts. You will not be able to reduce the number of hosts below three later.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click on the SDDC and then click Summary.
- Select where to add the hosts.
The Add Hosts page is displayed.
- If the SDDC has only one cluster, select from the SDDC card.
- If the SDDC has more than one cluster, select from the card for the cluster where you want to add the hosts.
- Select the number of hosts to add, and click Add Hosts.
If you are adding hosts to a multiple availability zone cluster, you must add them in multiples of two hosts at a time.